I photograph to make art. My goal is to engage the viewer on an emotional level. I value curiosity, humor and whimsy, and am drawn to strange and different topics.
I enjoy night photography. Night time is moody, peaceful, haunting and sometimes alien. Things look different at night. People are different at night.
People have become a strong element in my photography. Photography teaches me about people. Photographing people teaches me about photography. All of this teaches me about myself.
I'm passionate about photographic art. I hope you enjoy viewing my images as much as I do making them.
- Nocturnes & Noir, Harvey Milk Photo Center, San Francisco CA (2017)
- Night Photography: Dusk to Dawn, PhotoPlace Gallery, Middlebury VT (2016)
- Low Tide Landscapes, Chessman Gallery, Lincoln City OR (2016) (group exhibit)
- Night's Quiet Light, Memorial Union Concourse Gallery, Corvallis OR (2015) (solo exhibit)
- Street Couches, Corrine Woodman Gallery, Corvallis OR (2015)
- Night/People, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Corvallis OR (2014) (solo exhibit)
- After Dark III. Greg Moon Art, Taos NM (2014)
- Annual Around Oregon, Corvallis Arts Center, Corvallis OR (2014)
- Philomath Open Studios Tour. Kindred Wind Studio, Philomath OR (2013)
- Photographic Journeys: Stephanie Luke and John Ritchie. Maude Kerns Art Center, Eugene OR (2013)
- Oregon Artist Showcase: Inside Outside, Chehalem Cultural Center, Dundee, OR (2013)
- The Nocturnes 20th Anniversary Photography Exhibit, Harvey Milk Photo Center, San Francisco CA (2011)
- The Nocturnes “All Along the Lee Shore”, San Francisco CA (http://thenocturnes.com), 2011 (Best of Show)
- Small Towns at Night. Corrine Woodman Gallery, Corvallis OR (2011)
- Roads, Rivers and Rails, LaSells Stewart Center, Corvallis OR, 2009 (Juror’s Choice)